esme-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Richard Hirsch <hirsch.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issues currently assigned to release 1.0 that I would like to change
Date Sun, 24 Jan 2010 06:22:34 GMT
I have access to the versions in JIRA.  What do you want to do?

I'll also try and figure out how to give you permission to do the same.

D.

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 1:23 AM, Anne Kathrine Petterøe
<yojibee@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just took a look and I cannot see where this is done either, sorry. Maybe Dick knows?
>
> /Anne
>
>
> On 23 Jan, 2010, at 22:00 , Ethan Jewett wrote:
>
>> Now that all the excitement has subsided a bit, I'm looking into
>> changing the release structure (getting rid of 1.1 for the moment,
>> specifically). I don't see any way to change releases or components. I
>> assume I don't have access. To whom do I send a request for a change?
>>
>> Ethan
>>
>> On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 5:42 PM, Anne Kathrine Petterøe
>> <yojibee@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Thank you Ethan!
>>> I agree with you that we should just delete all other planned releases for
>>> now. (except 1.0 of course)
>>> Especially since we now changed the list for our first release.
>>>
>>> /Anne
>>>
>>>
>>> 2010/1/9 Ethan Jewett <esjewett@gmail.com>
>>>
>>>> I've made the following changes listed below, which I don't think
>>>> anyone objected to. If I got something wrong, let's discuss.
>>>>
>>>> 20 issues to go before Release 1.0!
>>>>
>>>> BTW, I'm also thinking we should define a new release that all new
>>>> issues go in to by default (maybe just unassigned?) If we were being
>>>> scrummy we would call it "Backlog". I'm just feeling like the default
>>>> for new issues is to stick them into the next release, which is
>>>> exactly the wrong thing to do, especially in the rampup to a release.
>>>> I'd much prefer that Release 1.1 be empty at the moment and then we
>>>> discuss exactly what issues get put into the release. More food for
>>>> thought.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks,
>>>> Ethan
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Changed to "Resolved - Fixed":
>>>>
>>>> 1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-53 - Implement access
>>>> pools (See issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-71 for
>>>> remaining pool-related functionality)
>>>> 2. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-40 - Static Texts in
>>>> Resource File
>>>> 3. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-125 - Change Date format
>>>> to make lists sortable: Users and Streams pages
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Changed to "Resolved - Won't fix":
>>>>
>>>> 1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-102 - Ability to add
>>>> tags to message are missing
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Move to Release 1.1:
>>>>
>>>> 1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-143 - HTTP Post Actions
>>>> should post a message with the results of the HTTP post action
>>>> 2. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-107 - Harmonize code to
>>>> display of users
>>>> 3. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-109 - Harmonize
>>>> tag/found word searches
>>>> 4. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-18 - JMX support
>>>> 5. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-16 - Unifying server
>>>> calls (JSON-related)
>>>> 6. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-122 - Message when user
>>>> is deleted from a pool is missing
>>>> 7. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-119 - Messages for Action
>>>> Page
>>>> 8. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-121 - Messages for Streams
>>>> Page
>>>> 9. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-120 - Messages for Track
>>>> Page are missing
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Needs more discussion or more information:
>>>>
>>>> 1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-117 - Current Filter
>>>> Info on Streams page <-- Is this functionality ready for or required
>>>> for a 1.0 release?
>>>> 2. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-152 - Posting with
>>>> Japanese characters cause problems <-- We need a failing test
>>>> 3. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-47 - Some Licensing Nits
>>>> (turned out to be more than a nit, I'm afraid...)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 11:25 AM, Ethan Jewett <esjewett@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>>>> Yup, I just didn't list all the items, including ESME-111, that I had
>>>>> no problem with. I only listed the ones I wanted to take out of
>>>>> release 1.0 in some way.
>>>>>
>>>>> And yes, I did see David's tweet on Oauth. Good news. The likelihood
>>>>> of my starting to write that functionality is looking more and more
>>>>> remote over the next few months.
>>>>>
>>>>> Of course, it doesn't really address the authorization/authentication
>>>>> issues I identified earlier and *still* haven't sent to the Lift list.
>>>>> :-(
>>>>>
>>>>> Ethan
>>>>>
>>>>> On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 11:17 AM, Anne Kathrine Petterøe
>>>>> <yojibee@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>> Vassil,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Just to clarify the streams page in terms of UI.
>>>>>> Would it better to just have the filter controls above the "Selected
>>>> Stream" view?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> And ESME-111 will definitely stay *in* release 1.0.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Did you see this btw?
>>>>>> http://twitter.com/dpp/status/7496054556
>>>>>>
>>>>>> /Anne
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On 8. jan. 2010, at 11.14, Vassil Dichev wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Sorry for late reply. Ethan- great work collecting these. This
is what
>>>> I know:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> * 53 is almost complete- we miss viewing all pools I can read/write
>>>>>>> (not only administer) and deleting a whole pool. These are fairly
>>>>>>> trivial.
>>>>>>> * 119-122 shouldn't be easy by just including the lift:msgs element
>>>>>>> and adding error or notice to the error message queue. (S.error,
>>>>>>> S.notice, etc.)
>>>>>>> * 143- implementation not so difficult as indeed clarifying the
>>>>>>> concept of how it fits in
>>>>>>> * 117- the filter info was there before the page and the controls
were
>>>>>>> separated in different tabs- the selected dropdowns indicated
the
>>>>>>> filter criteria. I'm not sure it makes much sense to have it
in a
>>>>>>> different tab if selecting a menu immediately refreshes the view
via
>>>>>>> Ajax... but the view is not even displayed, as it's in a hidden
tab!
>>>>>>> Really seems to me like this wasn't an appropriate case for tabs.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> It seems to me there's one very important missing piece- integration
>>>>>>> of OpenID in the existing user account implementation. I think
this is
>>>>>>> ESME-111.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> There's also some nice-to-have features, like an XMPP action,
pool
>>>>>>> auditing and lightweight markup refactoring to include a both
>>>>>>> performant and more full-featured textile parser.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I'll let you know if I remember something to add.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 5:24 AM, Ethan Jewett <esjewett@gmail.com>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>> Actually, I wrote the last email looking for guidance and
then just
>>>>>>>> went through all the Release 1.0 issues and compiled the
list of
>>>>>>>> things I want to change.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> I think it's important that we push to get a release out,
and part of
>>>>>>>> doing this is having a clear view of what is part of the
release. When
>>>>>>>> we are pushing for a release, I think it is important to
identify what
>>>>>>>> *must* go in and what can wait. Generally, if something is
not
>>>>>>>> absolutely required, I think it should go in the next release.
If
>>>>>>>> someone cares about it and gets a patch in before we release,
then
>>>>>>>> great, but if not it shouldn't stop the release. Therefore
the largest
>>>>>>>> list by far is the list of things I want to move to Release
1.1.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> This is the list of issues I've reviewed and more recommended
changes
>>>>>>>> and rationales. Please review and respond if there are things
you
>>>>>>>> don't agree with. If there is no objection, I will try to
make these
>>>>>>>> changes this weekend.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>>>> Ethan
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Change to "Fixed":
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> 1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-53 - Implement
access
>>>>>>>> pools <-- Looks to me like this is complete
>>>>>>>> 2. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-40 - Static
Texts in
>>>>>>>> Resource File <-- Is this complete? We have Chinese translations
>>>>>>>> already
>>>>>>>> 3. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-125 - Change
Date
>>>> format
>>>>>>>> to make lists sortable: Users and Streams pages <-- This
appears to be
>>>>>>>> fixed (I've set it to resolved)
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Change to "Won't fix":
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> 1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-102 - Ability
to add
>>>>>>>> tags to message are missing <-- Tags can be added through
hash tags,
>>>>>>>> or API
>>>>>>>> 2. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-47 - Some Licensing
>>>> Nits
>>>>>>>> <-- Seems like the result of the discussion was "Won't
fix"
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Move to Release 1.1:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> 1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-143 - HTTP
Post Actions
>>>>>>>> should post a message with the results of the HTTP post action
<--
>>>>>>>> Lack of consensus on proper implementation (keep as patch
for release
>>>>>>>> 1.0)
>>>>>>>> 2. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-107 - Harmonize
code to
>>>>>>>> display of users <-- Nice to have, not required for release
(also
>>>>>>>> blocked by new UI)
>>>>>>>> 3. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-109 - Harmonize
>>>>>>>> tag/found word searches <-- Nice to have, part of new
UI build (now
>>>>>>>> linked)
>>>>>>>> 4. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-18 - JMX support
<--
>>>> Nice to have
>>>>>>>> 5. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-16 - Unifying
server
>>>>>>>> calls (JSON-related) <-- Seems like a nice to have
>>>>>>>> 6. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-122 - Message
when user
>>>>>>>> is deleted from a pool is missing <-- Seems like a nice
to have
>>>>>>>> 7. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-119 - Messages
for
>>>>>>>> Action Page <-- Nice to have, and needs more discussion
>>>>>>>> 8. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-121 - Messages
for
>>>>>>>> Streams Page <-- Nice to have, and needs more discussion
>>>>>>>> 9. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-120 - Messages
for
>>>> Track
>>>>>>>> Page are missing <-- Nice to have, and needs more discussion
(or
>>>>>>>> perhaps I'm misunderstanding this group of issues)
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Needs discussion or more information:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> 1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-117 - Current
Filter
>>>>>>>> Info on Streams page <-- Is this functionality ready for
or required
>>>>>>>> for a 1.0 release? Perhaps we should hide streams for the
1.0 release?
>>>>>>>> 2. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-152 - Posting
with
>>>>>>>> Japanese characters cause problems <-- We need a failing
test
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>
>

Mime
View raw message