esme-dev mailing list archives

From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Wee error
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2010 14:46:40 GMT
We've had this before:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-esme-dev/200910.mbox/%3Ccdbebedf0910282036j6cc888caw93358695c5c6c008@mail.gmail.com%3E

The interesting part is that noone has implemented David's suggestion
to date, and still the problem seems to have been resolved (or was
it?)

BTW what JDK are you using? I've had my share of problems on
Debian/Ubuntu because package management decided to pull openjdk-6,
which was not mature enough to run bug-free.

Vassil

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 4:37 PM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>> Ubuntu 9.04 following apt-get update and upgrade after starting up a
>> fresh image.
>>
>> Then:
>> apt-get install subversion
>> apt-get install maven2
>> apt-get install jetty
>>
>> Then:
>> svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/esme/trunk esme
>>
>> Then fixing the two files.
>>
>> Then problem :)
>>
>> Now: rm -rf esme and started over
>>
>> One never knows where I could have messed up, only mishap was that I
>> lost contact with the server at some point during first mvn... so now
>> I did & and logged out leaving it alone... lets see now:
>>
>> Nope, exact same error.
>>
>> Noticed that it starts saying compiling 49 packages, then dies after a
>> bit, and when trying again it says compiling 8 packages. No other
>> clues.
>>

>> 2010/1/26 Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com>:
>> > RE plug-in: I remember.
>> >
>> > I think something else (Scala, lift, etc.) might have changed.  Has
>> anything
>> > else changed in the environment?
>> >
>> > It is all very strange. It is obviously a maven-related problem, because
>> > ESME's code hasn't really changed at all in the last few weeks.

>> com.yahoo.platform.yui.compressor.JavaScriptCompressor.printSourceNumber(JavaScriptCompressor.java:299)
>> >>
>> com.yahoo.platform.yui.compressor.JavaScriptCompressor.parse(JavaScriptCompressor.java:335)
>> >>
>> com.yahoo.platform.yui.compressor.JavaScriptCompressor.<init>(JavaScriptCompressor.java:532)
>> >>
>> net.sf.alchim.mojo.yuicompressor.YuiCompressorMojo.processFile(YuiCompressorMojo.java:178)
>> >>
>> net.sf.alchim.mojo.yuicompressor.MojoSupport.processDir(MojoSupport.java:151)

>> non-zero
>> >> >>

>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:579)
>> >> >>

>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:499)
>> >> >>

>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.forkProjectLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:924)
>> >> >>

>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.forkLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:767)
>> >> >>

>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:529)
>> >> >>

>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:512)
>> >> >>

>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:482)
>> >> >>

>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:330)
>> >> >>

>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:291)
>> >> >>

>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:142)
>> org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:336)
>> org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:129)
Method)

>> org.scala_tools.maven.ScalaCompilerSupport.compile(ScalaCompilerSupport.java:124)
>> >> >>

>> org.scala_tools.maven.ScalaCompilerSupport.doExecute(ScalaCompilerSupport.java:54)
>> >> >>

>> org.scala_tools.maven.ScalaMojoSupport.execute(ScalaMojoSupport.java:208)
>> >> >>

>> org.scala_tools.maven.ScalaCompilerSupport.execute(ScalaCompilerSupport.java:29)
>> >> >>

>> org.scala_tools.maven.ScalaTestCompileMojo.execute(ScalaTestCompileMojo.java:58)
>> >> >>

>> org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:451)
>> >> >>

>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:558)

>> deep
>> mvn

>> fresh

>> scala.tools.nsc.symtab.Symbols$Symbol.toplevelClass(Symbols.scala:940)
>> >> >>
>> scala.tools.nsc.symtab.Symbols$Symbol.toplevelClass(Symbols.scala:942)
>> >> >>
>> scala.tools.nsc.symtab.Symbols$Symbol.toplevelClass(Symbols.scala:942)
>> >> >>
>> scala.tools.nsc.symtab.Symbols$Symbol.toplevelClass(Symbols.scala:942)
>> >> >>
>> scala.tools.nsc.symtab.Symbols$Symbol.toplevelClass(Symbols.scala:942)

I don't
>> have

>> the
Definitely