esme-dev mailing list archives

From Anne Kathrine Petter√łe <yoji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The release! - where we are
Date Sun, 24 Jan 2010 13:32:28 GMT
I also cannot say when I will finish the UI right now.
At the moment I don't even have a machine to work on as the harddisk on my Mac said thank
you and goodbye last week. I borrowed a machine, but I cannot install any new software and
I refuse to code in Word, sorry.
Please keep your fingers crossed it will be finished tomorrow.

IMO the important ones for the first release are:
ESME-47        UNRESOLVED      Some Licensing Nits
ESME-111       UNRESOLVED      OpenID login/signon is broken
ESME-132       UNRESOLVED      Signup using username that already exists

/Anne

On 24 Jan, 2010, at 07:20 , Richard Hirsch wrote:

> Thanks Ethan.  I was also looking at the long list and thinking about
> moving stuff to the 1.1 release.
>
> Been also thinking about moving the UI to the next release.  What
> about this idea:  Finish first release without the UI and then a
> second one soon after with the UI. Knowing UI development, there are
> probably a series of bugs that will emerge with the new UI.  I'd like
> to avoid having to wait until all these bugs are cleared before the
> first release.
>
> Once we get one release finished, the ones that follow will be easier.

> On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 11:59 PM, Anne Kathrine Petter√łe
> <yojibee@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yay 5 issues only, we can do this! :-)
>> I agree with your suggestion Ethan. Our first release doesn't have to be technically
perfect, and at this point I think it is much more important to get it out the door than to
worry wether or not we have tabs on the message page.