esme-dev mailing list archives

From Ethan Jewett <esjew...@gmail.com>
Subject Tag filtering is checked in for api2/pools/POOLID/messages?history method
Date Sat, 16 Jan 2010 17:12:04 GMT
Hi all,

I just checked in tag filtering for the api2/pools/POOLID/messages
endpoint. Filtering is only available on the history queries and
currently only for pools. Filtering on streaming queries should be
done client-side.

The query that passes unit testing is
"pools/6/messages?history=10&filter_tags=test,tag", which will return
a list of the last 10 messages that have both "tag" and "test" in the
tag field. This is an "and" query, not an "or" query, so the messages
will have to have all tags specified in the filter. We can get fancier
as I get more comfortable with Compass/Lucene search syntax :-)

As you might have guessed from the last sentence, this is implemented
using the Compass search, so it should be pretty fast and should be
pretty easy on the message database.

I haven't added this to the API documentation page yet, and I'm still
not sure about the syntax, but if anyone (Sig?) wants to kick the
tires, go for it.

Ethan