esme-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ethan Jewett <esjew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issues currently assigned to release 1.0 that I would like to change
Date Sat, 09 Jan 2010 20:31:33 GMT
I've made the following changes listed below, which I don't think
anyone objected to. If I got something wrong, let's discuss.

20 issues to go before Release 1.0!

BTW, I'm also thinking we should define a new release that all new
issues go in to by default (maybe just unassigned?) If we were being
scrummy we would call it "Backlog". I'm just feeling like the default
for new issues is to stick them into the next release, which is
exactly the wrong thing to do, especially in the rampup to a release.
I'd much prefer that Release 1.1 be empty at the moment and then we
discuss exactly what issues get put into the release. More food for
thought.

Thanks,
Ethan


Changed to "Resolved - Fixed":

1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-53 - Implement access
pools (See issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-71 for
remaining pool-related functionality)
2. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-40 - Static Texts in Resource File
3. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-125 - Change Date format
to make lists sortable: Users and Streams pages


Changed to "Resolved - Won't fix":

1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-102 - Ability to add
tags to message are missing


Move to Release 1.1:

1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-143 - HTTP Post Actions
should post a message with the results of the HTTP post action
2. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-107 - Harmonize code to
display of users
3. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-109 - Harmonize
tag/found word searches
4. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-18 - JMX support
5. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-16 - Unifying server
calls (JSON-related)
6. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-122 - Message when user
is deleted from a pool is missing
7. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-119 - Messages for Action Page
8. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-121 - Messages for Streams Page
9. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-120 - Messages for Track
Page are missing


Needs more discussion or more information:

1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-117 - Current Filter
Info on Streams page <-- Is this functionality ready for or required
for a 1.0 release?
2. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-152 - Posting with
Japanese characters cause problems <-- We need a failing test
3. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-47 - Some Licensing Nits
(turned out to be more than a nit, I'm afraid...)



On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 11:25 AM, Ethan Jewett <esjewett@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yup, I just didn't list all the items, including ESME-111, that I had
> no problem with. I only listed the ones I wanted to take out of
> release 1.0 in some way.
>
> And yes, I did see David's tweet on Oauth. Good news. The likelihood
> of my starting to write that functionality is looking more and more
> remote over the next few months.
>
> Of course, it doesn't really address the authorization/authentication
> issues I identified earlier and *still* haven't sent to the Lift list.
> :-(
>
> Ethan
>
> On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 11:17 AM, Anne Kathrine Petter√łe
> <yojibee@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Vassil,
>>
>> Just to clarify the streams page in terms of UI.
>> Would it better to just have the filter controls above the "Selected Stream" view?
>>
>> And ESME-111 will definitely stay *in* release 1.0.
>>
>> Did you see this btw?
>> http://twitter.com/dpp/status/7496054556
>>
>> /Anne
>>
>> On 8. jan. 2010, at 11.14, Vassil Dichev wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry for late reply. Ethan- great work collecting these. This is what I know:
>>>
>>> * 53 is almost complete- we miss viewing all pools I can read/write
>>> (not only administer) and deleting a whole pool. These are fairly
>>> trivial.
>>> * 119-122 shouldn't be easy by just including the lift:msgs element
>>> and adding error or notice to the error message queue. (S.error,
>>> S.notice, etc.)
>>> * 143- implementation not so difficult as indeed clarifying the
>>> concept of how it fits in
>>> * 117- the filter info was there before the page and the controls were
>>> separated in different tabs- the selected dropdowns indicated the
>>> filter criteria. I'm not sure it makes much sense to have it in a
>>> different tab if selecting a menu immediately refreshes the view via
>>> Ajax... but the view is not even displayed, as it's in a hidden tab!
>>> Really seems to me like this wasn't an appropriate case for tabs.
>>>
>>> It seems to me there's one very important missing piece- integration
>>> of OpenID in the existing user account implementation. I think this is
>>> ESME-111.
>>>
>>> There's also some nice-to-have features, like an XMPP action, pool
>>> auditing and lightweight markup refactoring to include a both
>>> performant and more full-featured textile parser.
>>>
>>> I'll let you know if I remember something to add.
>>>
>>>
>>> On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 5:24 AM, Ethan Jewett <esjewett@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>> Actually, I wrote the last email looking for guidance and then just
>>>> went through all the Release 1.0 issues and compiled the list of
>>>> things I want to change.
>>>>
>>>> I think it's important that we push to get a release out, and part of
>>>> doing this is having a clear view of what is part of the release. When
>>>> we are pushing for a release, I think it is important to identify what
>>>> *must* go in and what can wait. Generally, if something is not
>>>> absolutely required, I think it should go in the next release. If
>>>> someone cares about it and gets a patch in before we release, then
>>>> great, but if not it shouldn't stop the release. Therefore the largest
>>>> list by far is the list of things I want to move to Release 1.1.
>>>>
>>>> This is the list of issues I've reviewed and more recommended changes
>>>> and rationales. Please review and respond if there are things you
>>>> don't agree with. If there is no objection, I will try to make these
>>>> changes this weekend.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks,
>>>> Ethan
>>>>
>>>> Change to "Fixed":
>>>>
>>>> 1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-53 - Implement access
>>>> pools <-- Looks to me like this is complete
>>>> 2. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-40 - Static Texts in
>>>> Resource File <-- Is this complete? We have Chinese translations
>>>> already
>>>> 3. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-125 - Change Date format
>>>> to make lists sortable: Users and Streams pages <-- This appears to be
>>>> fixed (I've set it to resolved)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Change to "Won't fix":
>>>>
>>>> 1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-102 - Ability to add
>>>> tags to message are missing <-- Tags can be added through hash tags,
>>>> or API
>>>> 2. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-47 - Some Licensing Nits
>>>> <-- Seems like the result of the discussion was "Won't fix"
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Move to Release 1.1:
>>>>
>>>> 1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-143 - HTTP Post Actions
>>>> should post a message with the results of the HTTP post action <--
>>>> Lack of consensus on proper implementation (keep as patch for release
>>>> 1.0)
>>>> 2. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-107 - Harmonize code to
>>>> display of users <-- Nice to have, not required for release (also
>>>> blocked by new UI)
>>>> 3. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-109 - Harmonize
>>>> tag/found word searches <-- Nice to have, part of new UI build (now
>>>> linked)
>>>> 4. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-18 - JMX support <-- Nice
to have
>>>> 5. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-16 - Unifying server
>>>> calls (JSON-related) <-- Seems like a nice to have
>>>> 6. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-122 - Message when user
>>>> is deleted from a pool is missing <-- Seems like a nice to have
>>>> 7. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-119 - Messages for
>>>> Action Page <-- Nice to have, and needs more discussion
>>>> 8. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-121 - Messages for
>>>> Streams Page <-- Nice to have, and needs more discussion
>>>> 9. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-120 - Messages for Track
>>>> Page are missing <-- Nice to have, and needs more discussion (or
>>>> perhaps I'm misunderstanding this group of issues)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Needs discussion or more information:
>>>>
>>>> 1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-117 - Current Filter
>>>> Info on Streams page <-- Is this functionality ready for or required
>>>> for a 1.0 release? Perhaps we should hide streams for the 1.0 release?
>>>> 2. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-152 - Posting with
>>>> Japanese characters cause problems <-- We need a failing test
>>>>
>>
>>
>

Mime
View raw message