esme-dev mailing list archives

From Ethan Jewett <esjew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issues currently assigned to release 1.0 that I would like to change
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2010 17:25:24 GMT
Yup, I just didn't list all the items, including ESME-111, that I had
no problem with. I only listed the ones I wanted to take out of
release 1.0 in some way.

And yes, I did see David's tweet on Oauth. Good news. The likelihood
of my starting to write that functionality is looking more and more
remote over the next few months.

Of course, it doesn't really address the authorization/authentication
issues I identified earlier and *still* haven't sent to the Lift list.
:-(

Ethan

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 11:17 AM, Anne Kathrine Petter√łe
<yojibee@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>> of OpenID in the existing user account implementation. I think this is
>> ESME-111.
>>
>> There's also some nice-to-have features, like an XMPP action, pool
>> auditing and lightweight markup refactoring to include a both
>> performant and more full-featured textile parser.
>>
>> I'll let you know if I remember something to add.
>>

>> On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 5:24 AM, Ethan Jewett <esjewett@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Actually, I wrote the last email looking for guidance and then just
>>> went through all the Release 1.0 issues and compiled the list of
>>> things I want to change.
>>>
>>> I think it's important that we push to get a release out, and part of
>>> doing this is having a clear view of what is part of the release. When
>>> we are pushing for a release, I think it is important to identify what
>>> *must* go in and what can wait. Generally, if something is not
>>> absolutely required, I think it should go in the next release. If
>>> someone cares about it and gets a patch in before we release, then
>>> great, but if not it shouldn't stop the release. Therefore the largest
>>> list by far is the list of things I want to move to Release 1.1.
>>>
>>> This is the list of issues I've reviewed and more recommended changes
>>> and rationales. Please review and respond if there are things you
>>> don't agree with. If there is no objection, I will try to make these
>>> changes this weekend.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Ethan
>>>
>>> Change to "Fixed":
>>>
>>> 1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-53 - Implement access
>>> pools <-- Looks to me like this is complete
>>> 2. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-40 - Static Texts in
>>> Resource File <-- Is this complete? We have Chinese translations
>>> already
>>> 3. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-125 - Change Date format
>>> to make lists sortable: Users and Streams pages <-- This appears to be
>>> fixed (I've set it to resolved)
>>>

>>> Change to "Won't fix":
>>>
>>> 1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-102 - Ability to add
>>> tags to message are missing <-- Tags can be added through hash tags,
>>> or API
>>> 2. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-47 - Some Licensing Nits
>>> <-- Seems like the result of the discussion was "Won't fix"
>>>

>>> Move to Release 1.1:
>>>
>>> 1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-143 - HTTP Post Actions
>>> should post a message with the results of the HTTP post action <--
>>> Lack of consensus on proper implementation (keep as patch for release
>>> 1.0)
>>> 2. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-107 - Harmonize code to
>>> display of users <-- Nice to have, not required for release (also
>>> blocked by new UI)
>>> 3. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-109 - Harmonize
>>> tag/found word searches <-- Nice to have, part of new UI build (now
>>> 4. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-18 - JMX support <-- Nice to
have
>>> 5. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-16 - Unifying server
>>> calls (JSON-related) <-- Seems like a nice to have