esme-dev mailing list archives

From Ethan Jewett <esjew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Search questions
Date Sat, 02 Jan 2010 18:36:18 GMT
On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 1:54 PM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is what I meant by indirectly.

Ok, this is what I've done in the latest commit for the
/api2/pools/POOLID/messages?history=40 calls. I'll switch the other
ones over if this seems to be working well. (I want to hear from
people who might have concerns about performance and other design
concerns.)

> Exactly. I think that the search should be hidden in the existing API
>
> http://apiwiki.twitter.com/Twitter-Search-API-Method%3A-search

I was initially heavily influenced by the Twitter Search API, but the
tack you are suggesting (and I'm now thinking it is the right way) is
the exact opposite. I'm just pointing this out to everybody. I think
it's neither good nor bad to diverge from Twitter's API design
philosophy.

> easiest way would be to try and then see if search still works.

It did! It's in my latest commit.

Ethan