esme-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ESME-47 "Some Licensing Nits" is now closed
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2010 19:46:58 GMT
Another thing I notice is a .gitignore file.  If the devs
are using git-svn and would like to encourage others to do
so, it makes sense to request a git mirror from infrastructure.
github has an arrangement with Apache to sync from our git
mirrors every so often, so you pick up that benefit as well.
The win for me as a sysadmin is that the git mirrors do all
the history scraping once, and dishes it out to any interested
user, instead of each user scraping the history (slowly) out
of svn.