esme-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <g.rabell...@sourcesense.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Copyright issue (ESME-47)
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2010 10:22:02 GMT
On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 11:05 AM, Anne Kathrine Petter√łe
<yojibee@gmail.com> wrote:
> Bertrand,
>
> To be honest it is difficult to work under such circumstances.
> I am not sure we will get anything done until this issue is resolved.

I hear you. If it cheers you up somewhat, I hope you can see value in
this somewhat cumbersome process, as at a very least you know we go
the extra mile (and then some) to ensure our developers and users are
protected. This is a big, and almost unique, selling point of Apache -
we do take such issues seriously and while it is easy to dismiss them
as bureaucratic red tape, believe me you really don't want to face the
consequences of mistakes in IP management. While I believe this is a
false positive, we all have to cope with the height we raise our bars:
in our case, we know we have high standards and they unfortunately
come at a price.

The other good news is that Apache has a very, very responsive,
competent and helpful counsel and this is the highest possible
escalation level you will ever hit. I am confident this will be solved
in hours, not days.

--
Gianugo Rabellino
M: +44 779 5364 932 / +39 389 44 26 846