esme-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <g.rabell...@sourcesense.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Dealing with copyright issue (See ESME-47)
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 21:20:14 GMT
On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 4:23 PM, Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm hoping another lengthy diatribe from you won't be
> necessary.  While I don't blame you for David's disappearance,
> the reason we bother to document policy is so people don't
> need to get creative with their legal understanding of how the ASF works.
> In the future should this issue ever present itself to you,
> I hope you will do the proper thing and point the errant person
> at the relevant ASF policy

That would be the same policy that says we _must_ remove copyright
notices from source files, right? The same policy that is now being
discarded in light of a compromise that makes very little sense and
sets a dangerous precedent?

No, I guess I have very little to add. But don't ask for my +1.

--
Gianugo Rabellino
M: +44 779 5364 932 / +39 389 44 26 846