esme-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Hirsch <hirsch.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I'm interested in integrating microblogging into OFBiz
Date Wed, 23 Dec 2009 11:50:00 GMT
Just wanted to tell both lists that I've successfully created a
prototype for integrating ESME into OfBiz.  I used the the "example"
component and added a java service that responds to newly created
entities - in this case "examples" - and sends a message to ESME with
information about the entity. I used ESME's Twitter API for the
communication

The prototype is primitive but shows the necessary steps for others to
add it to other entities if desired.

Right now, I've hard-coded the authentication data but this could
probably be expanded with OFbiz-specific data for someone with more
knowledge about the internals.

Java code obviously needs to be cleaned-up.

Details are here:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ESME/Simple+Use+Case+-+OFBiz+sends+message+to+ESME

If anyone has any more questions or further ideas, I'd be really
interested to hear them.

D.