esme-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Hirsch <hirsch.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: http://esmecloudperf.esme.staxapps.net/ is running again
Date Sat, 19 Dec 2009 04:58:17 GMT
I was looking at the messages that you sent in the performance test. I
saw that you used tags in every message. Maybe that is our problem.

Just curious. Have you tried a quick test on perf instance with the
REST API to see if the same time lag occurs?

My suggestion to examine the problem in greater detail:

A. Confirmation of test results

1. Reset the database (Dick)
2. Recreate test users (Markus)
3. Do the test again with same message content (Markus)
4. Check to see if same time lag occurs

B.  Is the problem the tags?

1. Reset the database (Dick)
2. Recreate test users (Markus)
3. Do the test again (but using messages without tags)  (Markus)
4. Check to see if same time lag occurs

My suggestion is that we drop