esme-dev mailing list archives

From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Posting response messages from HTTP Post actions
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 09:59:32 GMT
> I wanted to integrate the open patches today and wanted to discuss
> whether I should commit Ethan's change or not.
>
> Any reason why I shouldn't commit it. I think it is good interim
> solution but not the final one.
>
> This could also help with our integration with akibot.

Depends on how fast we need the integration scenarios working. I would
prefer if we do either or both:

* have a way to specify whether we post the response or not
* post the response to a pool so we don't pollute the timeline of others

The biggest problem here is not only that there's too much noise in
your timeline, but that all of your followers would have to either put
up with these responses or create a filtering action themselves. Long
term we have to make the defaults as clean as possible.

So, the question is: how fast do you want this repost feature?

As an aside, specifically for the integration scenarios we could
create bots in the long term. And, who knows, someone might contribute
XMPP integration, which would make interaction much easier ;-)