esme-dev mailing list archives

From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 12sprints integration works
Date Sun, 13 Dec 2009 21:08:17 GMT
> Would be nice if I read the documentation. I depend too much on the
> built-in actions help screen. Sorry about that.
>
> By the way, is the tag match case-sensitive? When I was doing the
> 12sprints integration I was having a really hard time getting it to
> match tags. Thought this might be the reason, and from looking at the
> Action.scala code, this looks to be the case. Since tags themselves
> are somewhat unpredictably re-cased, maybe we should make tag-matching
> non-case sensitive?

Are you sure about this? In Action.scala we already have the tag id
for a unique tag. The interesting part happens in MsgParser.scala,
where Tag.findOrCreate (inherited from Lift's Tag class) capitalizes
the tag- both from an action and from the message, so I don't see why
it shouldn't work. I just tried this and I've never had
case-sensitivity problems with tags in the past- every time I thought
case was the problem, it was actually something else.