esme-dev mailing list archives

From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hudson build became unstable: ESME #46: test failure - Popularity Stats should Update top hits after inrcementing statistics
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2009 15:05:47 GMT
> We have a test failure:
>
> Results :
>
> Failed tests:
>  Popularity Stats should Update top hits after inrcementing statistics

Considering there are no changes from the previous day, I think the
timeouts I've coded in these tests are too optimistic.

The PopStatsActor test is interacting with actors so I've coded
timeouts. The actor encapsulates an asynchronous uncoordinated
processing of the message, so it is not easy to do it otherwise if we
want to determine that the actor has finished processing this
particular message (unless we subvert the design and code the actor to
explicitly notify us).