esme-dev mailing list archives

From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Links and Tags generation
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 08:44:03 GMT
> Another possible optimization would be to move the Links and Tags generation
> out of the UI response thread and do it asynchronously.
> It took  quite a bit of time in the rendering process. I have to profile the
> newest ESME to get some numbers.
>
> This would require that the rendered results would be cached and only
> updated after a certain time.

Do you mean the popular messages and links? I intended to send them
asynchronously similarly to how the tag cloud works, but it wasn't
that easy to do it in a performant way, as you very well know ;-)
There's definitely room for improvement here.

Hmm, the more things we get done, the more the ESME todo list is growing :-)