esme-dev mailing list archives

From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Incremental updates?
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 07:34:56 GMT
Sure we can just send the latest message, but we have to think this
through. The corner cases I'm thinking about:

* if two messages arrive almost simultaneously, it's possible that
they come in mixed order. This might be fine if we reorder any
received message by date/id.
* if someone replies to an old message, a link to the conversation
would have to appear next to the message. This would be more difficult
to pull off.
* the javascript code for rendering the whole list of messages
(display_messages.js) is currently used for non-comet stuff as well.
This lets us have a common layout for timelines everywhere in ESME,
regardless of whether these messages come in real-time or not.

So this could work, but might have tricky parts to implement.