esme-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Kohler <markus.koh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CE installation Guide
Date Sat, 12 Dec 2009 23:34:59 GMT
Hi all,
David had asked my to speak up about the 1.5 support necesarry for
Enterprise applications on the Scala mailing list and the answer to my post
was that it was just decided that Scala 2.8 will run on 1.5. If I understand
it correctly it would be build with 1.5 primarily.

I wonder whether anyone has got ESEM running on any web container with 1.5
lately.
For me mvn jetty:run with JDK (after setting JAVA_HOME to the JDK 1.5
directory) doesn't work.
I get:

2009-12-13 00:23:45.227:INFO::No Transaction manager found - if your webapp
req
ires one, please configure one.
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:545)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:193)
        at bootstrap.liftweb.DBVendor$.createOne(Boot.scala:265)
        at bootstrap.liftweb.DBVendor$.newConnection(Boot.scala:274)
        at
net.liftweb.mapper.DB$$anonfun$2$$anonfun$apply$1.apply(DB.scala:95)
        at
net.liftweb.mapper.DB$$anonfun$2$$anonfun$apply$1.apply(DB.scala:95)
        at net.liftweb.common.EmptyBox.or(Box.scala:374)
        at net.liftweb.mapper.DB$$anonfun$2.apply(DB.scala:95)
        at net.liftweb.mapper.DB$$anonfun$2.apply(DB.scala:95)
        at net.liftweb.common.Full.flatMap(Box.scala:332)
        at net.liftweb.mapper.DB$.newConnection(DB.scala:95)
        at net.liftweb.mapper.DB$.getConnection(DB.scala:160)
        at net.liftweb.mapper.DB$.use(DB.scala:420)
        at net.liftweb.mapper.Schemifier$.schemify(Schemifier.scala:54)
        at net.liftweb.mapper.Schemifier$.schemify(Schemifier.scala:37)
        at bootstrap.liftweb.Boot.boot(Boot.scala:76)
        at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl
java:39)
        at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcce
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
net.liftweb.util.ClassHelpers$$anonfun$createInvoker$1.apply(ClassHe
pers.scala:409)
        at
net.liftweb.util.ClassHelpers$$anonfun$createInvoker$1.apply(ClassHe
pers.scala:407)
        at
net.liftweb.http.DefaultBootstrap$$anonfun$boot$1.apply(LiftRules.sc
la:1259)
        at
net.liftweb.http.DefaultBootstrap$$anonfun$boot$1.apply(LiftRules.sc
la:1259)
        at net.liftweb.common.Full.map(Box.scala:330)
        at net.liftweb.http.DefaultBootstrap$.boot(LiftRules.scala:1259)
        at
net.liftweb.http.provider.HTTPProvider$class.bootLift(HTTPProvider.s
ala:70)
        at net.liftweb.http.LiftFilter.bootLift(LiftServlet.scala:523)
        at
net.liftweb.http.provider.servlet.ServletFilterProvider$class.init(S
rvletFilterProvider.scala:20)
        at net.liftweb.http.LiftFilter.init(LiftServlet.scala:523)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.FilterHolder.doStart(FilterHolder.java:97)
        at
org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java
50)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.initialize(ServletHandler.j
va:662)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Context.startContext(Context.java:140)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.ja
a:1250)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java
517)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:46
)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6PluginWebAppContext.doStart(Jetty6Plu
inWebAppContext.java:115)
        at
org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java
50)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.doStart(HandlerCollectio
.java:152)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.doStart(ContextHa
dlerCollection.java:156)
        at
org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java
50)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.doStart(HandlerCollectio
.java:152)
        at
org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java
50)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart(HandlerWrapper.java
130)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:224)
        at
org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java
50)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6PluginServer.start(Jetty6PluginServer
java:132)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.AbstractJettyMojo.startJetty(AbstractJettyM
jo.java:441)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.AbstractJettyMojo.execute(AbstractJettyMojo
java:383)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.AbstractJettyRunMojo.execute(AbstractJettyR
nMojo.java:210)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6RunMojo.execute(Jetty6RunMojo.java:18
)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPlug
nManager.java:483)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Def
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:678)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandalon
Goal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:553)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(Defa
ltLifecycleExecutor.java:523)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHa
dleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:371)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegme
ts(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:332)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultL
fecycleExecutor.java:181)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:356)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:137)
        at
org.apache.maven.cli.compat.CompatibleMain.main(CompatibleMain.java:
1)
        at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl
java:39)
        at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcce
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
        at
org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:430

ERROR - Failed to Boot
java.lang.NullPointerException: Looking for Connection Identifier
ConnectionIde
tifier(esme) but failed to find either a JNDI data source with the name esme
or
a lift connection manager with the correct name
        at
net.liftweb.mapper.DB$$anonfun$3$$anonfun$apply$8.apply(DB.scala:102

        at
net.liftweb.mapper.DB$$anonfun$3$$anonfun$apply$8.apply(DB.scala:102

        at net.liftweb.common.EmptyBox.openOr(Box.scala:372)
        at net.liftweb.mapper.DB$$anonfun$3.apply(DB.scala:101)
[...]

2009-12-13 00:24:06.184:INFO::Started SelectChannelConnector@0.0.0.0:8080

Some SAP guy (I don't remember who it was) was also trying to the ESME
running on CE, but without success AFAIK. I wonder whether he tried a newer
not yet released 1.6 based CE.

Regards,
Markus

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it" -- Alan Kay