esme-dev mailing list archives

From Ethan Jewett <esjew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I'm just creating the users on the stax performance instance ...
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2009 12:44:34 GMT
I agree that the esmecloudperf.esme.staxapps.net/ instance is pretty
slow. It takes almost 15 seconds between hitting the "Update" button
and seeing the message show up in my timeline.

My recollection was that
http://esmecloudserverapache.dickhirsch.staxapps.net/ was a lot faster
when I tested it out last week, leading me to believe that we've had a
bit of a performance regression in more recent builds. That's just a
guess though.

Just now I went into
http://esmecloudserverapache.dickhirsch.staxapps.net/ and posted a
couple of messages, and that instance now also takes almost 15 seconds
for a new message to show up in my timeline.

It seems like we probably have a bit of an issue we need to look into.
If I can find the time today, I'll try to recreate locally and
identify a specific commit that caused the issue. If anyone has a
specific idea of what might cause this, that may lead to a faster
resolution.

Ethan