esme-dev mailing list archives

From Ethan Jewett <esjew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Streaming design for the api2 endpoint - request for comment
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 13:34:58 GMT
Actually, having separate streams for each tag is what I'm suggesting,
I'm just trying to determine when best to create them. If a client
requests all the streams, they will all be created. Should we talk
about not streaming individual tags at all? Maybe put a limit on the
number of streams a client can have open? I'm not sure what the
performance impact will look like.

Also, I need to amend the original email. I think that because we are
using Lift Sessions, we will be killing off the session and the
streams attached to it after a period of time. So I think option 2 and
option 4 are the same or very similar.

Ethan