esme-dev mailing list archives

From Ethan Jewett <esjew...@gmail.com>
Subject SchedulerActor.scala and "Regularly scheduled message" in the API feed
Date Sun, 13 Dec 2009 02:17:59 GMT
Hi all,

I rigged up growl notifications on my Mac using the new API (though
the old API would have worked too). It's great as far as it goes.

However, I have one issue which I need to have solved before I blog it:

Every 5 minutes, a message comes through the API that reads something
like "Regularly scheduled action", then a time. I've tracked this down
to the SchedulerActor.scala file, which appears to send a message
every time it runs. For some reason this message doesn't show up in
the timeline, but it does come through the API.

I think we probably need to turn this off as it's not a "real" message
in the sense that no one will ever want to see it. Can we kill off
this code or are we going to break something?

Ethan