esme-dev mailing list archives

From Ethan Jewett <esjew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Resending broken?
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:56:21 GMT
Hi Markus,

I don't think you're supposed to see items you resend. They only show
up in the mailboxes of people who would not have otherwise seen them
(people who follow you but not the original poster). At least, that's
how I understand it.

So you kind of need three users to test it. User 1 follows User 2, who
follows User 3. User 2 resends a post by User 3. User 1 should see the
post in his timeline.

Actually, that's exactly how Twitter retweeting now works. Whoa! :-)

Anyhow, maybe I'm wrong about that, but that's my understanding of how it works.

Ethan