esme-dev mailing list archives

From Anne Kathrine Petterøe <yoji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Short update: load tests and CE
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 12:22:19 GMT
Yes, and Markus already answered that it was just decided on the Scala mailing list that Scala
2.8 will run on 1.5.
So far so good. I would still like to know why we have a problem with JDK 1.5 though ;-)

/Anne

On 15. des. 2009, at 13.18, Richard Hirsch wrote:

> If I remember correctly, david mentioned discussions of the scala list
> about supporting 1.5. So the problem may lie there.
>
> D.
>
> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 1:16 PM, Anne Kathrine Petterøe
> <yojibee@gmail.com> wrote:
>> ESME/lift has at least changed more in a year than NetWeaver has LOL.
>> I wanted to compare the obvious differences between all servers (not only NW) to
see if there is anything else than the JDK we should look at.

>> Markus,
>> We think that the problem is that some JDK 1.6 specific code has snuck into ESME.
>> David wrote this last month: "The issue *may* be that we compiled Lift and ESME with
JDK 1.6 and perhaps a 1.6ism crept into the code. Anyway, I've got the source to Lift and
ESME and I will make it work." AFAIK no one has had the time to look at this yet.

>> /Anne
>>
>> On 15. des. 2009, at 13.09, Markus Kohler wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>> As I mentioned already it also doesn't run on jetty with jdk 1.5. But it
>>> does run with 1.6 on a tomcat based server that I tried as well.
>>> Therefore I think it would make sense to get it running on jetty/tomcat on
>>> JDK 1.5 first just because then there's one unknown less
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Markus

ESME would
JDK 1.5. I