esme-dev mailing list archives

From "Bechauf, Michael" <michael.bech...@sap.com>
Subject RE: SAP Services in ESME (was: UI widgets for ESME)
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2009 17:46:29 GMT
Perhaps I did not clearly express my question. If a corporation has
already signed http://www.apache.org/licenses/cla-corporate.txt, do
their employees still individually need to sign
http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt once they start contributing ?

In Eclipse, there is only one corporate agreement and developers who
work for that corporation do not need to personally sign another,
different agreement.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bertrand Delacretaz [mailto:bdelacretaz@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, Dec 07, 2009 12:40 PM
To: esme-dev
Subject: Re: SAP Services in ESME (was: UI widgets for ESME)

2009/12/7 Bechauf, Michael <michael.bechauf@sap.com>:
> ...are you saying that in addition to a signed CCLA, Apache also needs
> an individiual's CLA ?...

Of course - iCLAs are required for all Apache committers, and for
non-committers who make "significant contributions" (whatever that
means).

See
http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt
(especially "4. You represent that you are legally entitled to grant
the above license...")

and
http://www.apache.org/licenses/cla-corporate.txt

for details.