esme-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Hirsch <hirsch.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [HELP] is old REST API broken ! Showstopper!
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 13:04:30 GMT
OK. It appears to be working again but maybe still do can some tests
on the REST API. I don't trust it yet....

I think one of problems is that there is currently a conflict for
current Twitter clients which can use laconica (such as twhirl) expect
the "/api" prefix to access systems that support the twitter API.
Currently "api" is being used by our REST API.  So, there is a
conflict. Right now, the default in ESME for the twitter api is
"/twitter" which means that most existing twitter clients won't work
for ESME access.  I previously had set the default twitter prefix to
"api" which allowed the twitter clients to work but broke our REST
API.

Ideally, we might change the prefix for our API to "esmeapi" in order
to avoid conflicts with existing apis.

Thoughts?

D.