esme-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Hirsch <hirsch.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMX code and scala-stats
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 09:28:38 GMT
I committed the code from the existing patch and created a Wiki entry
describing its use:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ESME/JMX

I decided to commit the code, because the Stax environment is just one
special deployment environment and usually we won't have to deal with
port restrictions.

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 5:41 AM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:
> We have a strange exception on the stax deployment and the app doesn't
> run correctly, so I'm redeploying an old older version.
>
> javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException:
> localEngine:name=http-8085,type=GlobalRequestProcessor
>        at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.getMBean(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:1094)
>        at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.getAttribute(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:662)
>        at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.getAttribute(JmxMBeanServer.java:638)
>        at com.staxnet.appserver.queries.MBeanIntervalCounter.getMBeanStat(MBeanIntervalCounter.java:59)
>        at com.staxnet.appserver.queries.MBeanIntervalCounter.updateValue(MBeanIntervalCounter.java:41)
>        at com.staxnet.appserver.queries.RequestProcessingTimeCounter.updateValue(RequestProcessingTimeCounter.java:19)
>        at com.staxnet.appserver.queries.AppStatsQuery$1.run(AppStatsQuery.java:70)
>        at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:512)
>        at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:462)
>
> D.
>
> On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:
>> It is now really deployed on Stax. Once I test the HTTP/REST access,
>> I'll commit the code.
>>
>> So, how do I test the HTTP/REST  JMX access?
>>
>> D.
>>
>> On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 10:36 AM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> It appears that I messed up  and the deployment wasn't successful. The
>>> mean reason was that I didn't use the TortoiseSVN patch tool correctly
>>> and I deployed old code.  :-<.
>>>
>>> I finally got the patch tool to work and got an error:
>>>
>>> [WARNING] D:\temp\committer_esme\trunk\server\src\main\scala\bootstrap\liftweb\
>>> oot.scala:165: error: not found: value ESMEStatsMBean
>>> [WARNING]     ESMEStatsMBean("org.apache.esme.stats")
>>> [WARNING]     ^
>>> [WARNING] one error found
>>>
>>> I changed "ESMEStatsMBean" to "StatsMBean"  and changed the twitter
>>> include so that it compiled
>>>

>>> D.

Sorry.