esme-dev mailing list archives

From David Pollak <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Contact from #ubimic
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 14:19:42 GMT
On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 3:31 AM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have been contacted from #ubimic (http://ubimic.org/en/ ) if we
> (ESME) would be interested in working with them. The idea would be
> that we would be associated as an associate partner and perhaps
> collaborate on projects with them.
>
> I don't know whether there are legal considerations involved (since we
> are a Apache project) but I just wanted to get a feeling from the
> community if we should pursue this or not.

I am all for working with them... why?

   - Their thinking seems to be well aligned with the direction we want to
   take ESME
   - Having more non-US participants is a great thing... most of the
   microblogging stuff is US (and Canada) and I think perspectives brought from
   different areas may serve to make ESME appeal to a broader audience
   - They may help us improve (beyond what Ethan is doing) our APIs
   - They may even contribute coding resource

> D.

Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Surf the harmonics