esme-dev mailing list archives

From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: We are down to 4.6 Mbyte
Date Mon, 30 Nov 2009 17:58:22 GMT
> There are features in the textile parser that I would like to see in ESME.
> The "lineElem" combinator is:
>
>    /**
>     * Line elements make up paragraphs and block elements
>     */
>    lazy val lineElem : Parser[Textile] = {
>      not(blankLine) ~> (endOfLine | image | footnote_def |
>                         anchor | dimension | elipsis  |
>                         copyright | trademark | registered |
>                         emDash |
>                         enDash | italic | emph | bold  |
>                         cite |  span | code | delete | insert |
>                         sup | sub | strong | html |
>                         single_quote | quote | acronym | charBlock)
>
> Of these elements, I would exclude image, footnote_def, and anchor.  The
> other elements I see as valuable in a lot of different communications
> contexts.

Good, I didn't know there was interest in the other features of the
Textile parser. I was of two minds about including Textile, and I was
thinking about how to make this configurable. There are a couple of
things, which need changing, for instance some XML processing in
Message assume that the parsed elements have a flat structure, i.e. no
nested elements as Textile allows. But once this is solved it should
be doable.

I'll put this on my todo list.