esme-dev mailing list archives

From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Collaboration with #ubimic
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2009 14:19:03 GMT
Hi Martin,

Like I said last week when we first found out about #ubimic, you seem
to think along the same lines as the ESME team. So I can't find a any
reason why we shouldn't cooperate.

IMHO David has defined very well the differentiating characteristics
of ESME: real-time responsiveness and actions. Actions also have some
vague similarity to some Google Wave bots. More importantly, actions
are important in many integration scenarios, which is the goal of
ESME.

What I'm eagerly awaiting is a description of some of the benefits of
the "aggregated data from people and things" in different scenarios,
but I guess that's one of the goals of the collaboration ideas, right?

Best Regards,
Vassil