esme-dev mailing list archives

From Andy the destroyer <andythedestro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Build failing because of OpenDMK missing?
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 18:42:17 GMT
We actually don't need openDMK anymore. It was used as an HTTP agent for
accessing the Stats mBean. However, the Stax environment won't allow the
agent to bind to any ports so it won't work in Stax which is where most of
the testing is done.

I have written a JMX REST api to replace it. I haven't uploaded it to JIRA
yet because I still need to find the time to finish the piece that allows
you to invoke operations on MBeans, but the reading of attributes works.

I think it is a good idea to leave agents out of the codebase and leave it
up to whoever is deploying esme to write their own instrumentation agents
and launch them through the java -javaagent argument.

-Andy