esme-dev mailing list archives

From Ethan Jewett <esjew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Collaboration with #ubimic
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2009 13:30:06 GMT
All the collaboration ideas presented by Martin sound good. I do think
that the idea of implementing an SAP use case is very attractive and I
would be able to help out with that, either on the API side or the
ABAP side.

One question: Has there been thought on specific use cases that create
business value and involve message- or event-oriented two-way
interaction between an SAP system and a person using a free-form
messaging system? I like the technical use case Dick describes on the
wiki page, but I'd like to see it in the context of a real business
process. Seems like this might be one of #ubimic's areas of expertise?

Ethan

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 4:58 AM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wiki page is now full with content / ideas.
>
> Setting up a simple prototype shouldn't be difficult.
>
> D.
>
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 9:26 PM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Started a wiki page with more detailed ideas for the SAP Bot
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ESME/Collaboration+with+ubimic
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 5:37 PM, David Pollak
>> <feeder.of.the.bears@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I am very keen on collaboration.  The whole Actions thing was a bit of
>>> brain-vomit on my part that happened over a 24 hour period.  Other folks,
>>> notably Vassil, have fleshed out and improved Actions over time.  However,
>>> I'd be very interested in enhancing what can be done with Actions... I think
>>> they, along with real-time information flow, distinguish ESME from most
>>> other micromessaging platforms.

SAP