esme-dev mailing list archives

From Ethan Jewett <esjew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: API2 - response format changes - request for input
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 13:20:33 GMT
Hi,

The changes are only to the /api2/ endpoint and I'm being careful not
to change the existing API. There are now two files in my local
checkout because I am reimplementing the XMLApiHelper trait, so that
file will show up in the next patch.

I'm also fairly certain that no one is currently developing any
clients based on the new API, but I did have a discussion about it on
Twitter with Daniel (I think), so I just want to make it clear on the
list that while this API is available, it is not stable. If you're
using it (and I'd appreciate people trying to use it and giving
feedback), you should probably make clear what you're doing on the
list so that we can coordinate..

With regards to examples: Absolutely, we need them on the wiki if
people are going to be able to implement against this in a sane way.
Currently I am documenting URLs, methods, and parameters, but I'll
start to document response formats as well as soon as they start to
stabilize. Thanks for the suggestion :-)

Ethan