esme-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Böhringer <martin.boehrin...@wirtschaft.tu-chemnitz.de>
Subject AW: Collaboration with #ubimic
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2009 07:17:45 GMT
Hi Dick,

the current status on our student research is as following: I have a student
who works on the LEGO thing, the hardware is all built up and the software
part of the project starts tomorrow with a kickoff. Another student is
working in his bachelor thesis on the "text analysis in information streams"
topic. A bachelor thesis is not that big but I hope at least that we get
some insights in what is possible and what not. He also should look at
public available APIs (like opencalais and similar) and test them with
microblogging-like texts.

I know from the akibot guys (akibot.com) that they want to go in a similar
direction like us (supporting a ubiquitous microblogging scenario with their
artificial intelligence microblogging bot). So this might be a good future
collaboration opportunity, too.

What I would do next is looking for a student who wants to work intensively
on the SAP/ESME scenario. Give me a view weeks for that.

Vassil has a good point here with the business value. We are all working in
microblogging and therefore say "hey, tweeting SAP systems are really cool".
However, "normal" people might not have this enthusiasm. Until we have real
demo systems running little mockups (GUI prototypes) might do it. We have it
on our agenda to create a #ubimic presentation where we state out the
motivation and the benefits. I hope to give some answers to the business
value topic in this presentation.

Cheers
Martin