esme-dev mailing list archives

From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Actions, tags, and the public timeline
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2009 09:58:54 GMT
> I think the idea of specifying a pool for the results of an action is
> good idea. We just need a new action "resend [pool] -- sends the
> message to a particular pool"

Not exactly. First of all, on the ESME specification or on the mailing
list there was a specific requirement *not* to move a message from one
pool to another automatically- only by a very explicit copy/paste by
the user. Second, the messages from Atom/RSS are not "resent", there
is an actor started which creates and sends them automatically.

I had an idea in the past to specify a tag to apply on all messages
created from a feed in order to be able to filter it. Later there was
also the idea to be able to specify a pool, too. Maybe that's what you
meant, and it's a great idea.