esme-dev mailing list archives

From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ESME-88 Images (urls) in messages don't work with Textile
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2009 23:04:03 GMT
> It's simple to resolve.  images can be excluded from the Textile markup (I
> can't remember how off hand, but there's a flag to pass to the textile
> processor).

Oh, it is already "resolved", meaning that image urls cannot be
parsed. It's "broken" like that because ESME's MsgParser sees the url
first and transforms it to <a href=...>, which the TextileParser
(which is invoked afterwards) cannot parse as an image anymore. The
issue is that someone wanted this feature and filed a report to "fix"
it. And I think I'm happy with the current situation where images
don't work.

So does that mean that you're also against free embedding of images in messages?