esme-dev mailing list archives

From Andy the destroyer <andythedestro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMX code and scala-stats
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2009 07:54:13 GMT
I will attach the patch in the morning when I get back to work. I already
made sure the code worked with dpp's code. I used the http adaptor
specifically for stax because I knew it would work. The http adaptor is
under a propriatary sun license.. it might be cool, it might not but it is a
temp solution.

-Andy

On Oct 22, 2009 9:14 PM, "Richard Hirsch" <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:

@Andy - you've got to attach the patch to Jira item. For some reasons,
attachments always disappear in mails sent to this list and I need IP
clearance before I can use the code.

>>This also would remove a dependency and two maven repositories, which is
always a good thing in m...
I agree

>>2. The java agent I used to enable connecting remotely is from sun, which
I believe has license i...
What sort of issues?

>>It also works over HTTP which is probably not the protocol we want. I
usually use RMI, but the HT...
HTTP is probably better in the Stax environment, because I don't know
if Stax allows direct RMI access.  Is there some sort of authorization
necessary to access the data? Once it is up and running, we could
publish the URL and let people take a look at it. However, I think you
are right about using other protocols. I don't know whether existing
JMX tools can also use HTTP.

You may want to look at your patch to see if it is still valid. David
did a major commit last night (dealing with Lift actors)  and you
might have to change things a bit on your side.

D.

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 2:50 AM, Andy the destroyer

<andythedestroyer@gmail.com> wrote: > Okay.. I have a version with stats and
jmx code you can deploy...