esme-dev mailing list archives

From Ethan Jewett <esjew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ESME-26 The message parser should ignore # in urls
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 18:39:00 GMT
Hi,

I think rendering and parsing issues are probably fairly important for
a 1.0 release in general, as I take "1.0" to be saying "This is ready
for actual deployments to end-users" and non-developer users tend to
be fairly unforgiving about rough edges in presentation. On the other
hand, respecting anchors in URLs may be something we can live without.

Ethan

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 1:32 PM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:
> To be truthful, I think we have other tasks that are more important
> for the release - especially considering your limited amount of time.
>
> Anyone else have any thoughts on this issue?
>
> On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 7:30 PM, David Pollak
> <feeder.of.the.bears@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think writing the tests is a 2-6 hour task.  Writing specs-based tests for
>> parsers is pretty easy.
>> If we have to move over to a byte-based parsing paradigm, it's probably
>> going to be be 1-2 days of work.
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 10:16 AM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> How much effort is involved to switch the parser to the byte-steam?
>>> Testing the change could be done initially via the UI to speed things
>>> up.
>>>
>>> D.

>>> tests
>>> particular