esme-dev mailing list archives

From Mrinal Wadhwa <mrinal.wad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UI design
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2009 14:54:50 GMT
Hi Anne,

I like #2 better .. its more light weight.
The grey/blue backgrounds in #1 make it feel a little heavy

As Ethan mentioned the type is a little off ... bigger size and
increased letter spacing could help.
I'd suggest http://www.codestyle.org/servlets/FontStack?generic=sans-serif&stack=Lucida%2BSans%252CLucida%2BGrande%252CLucida&font-size=large
(see after the selection dropdowns) The font stack builder is a handy
tool to try different combinations
http://www.codestyle.org/css/font-family/BuildBetterCSSFontStacks.shtml

I also liked our old logo choice better ... using alternating colored
dots gave an abstract feel of people connected in a network .. which
is lost if we use the same dots.
_
Mrinal