esme-dev mailing list archives

From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New Jira item for user list page
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2009 07:39:16 GMT
How about Message.getText? It returns String.

Using views is not a very clean approach, because it mixes up the
presentation xml and the controller code. We took pains to convert the
views to *Mgr objects and use "bind" to wire the values to the
templates. It's one of the niceties Lift offers. Timothy Perrett wrote
an informative article about this:

http://blog.getintheloop.eu/2009/4/13/a-detailed-look-at-lift-s-view-code-binding-system

There's also loads of examples in the excellent Lift book- "The
definitive guide to Lift" (I'm not associated with the book in any
way). Let me know if you need more pointers to information about using
"bind".

Vassil

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 6:41 AM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks good. Now we just need a picture and date/time stamp.

XML?