esme-dev mailing list archives

From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Lift] JSON handler doesn't respond
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2009 14:42:51 GMT
> Sounds like this might be a browser bug (or perhaps "working as designed" in
> SAP parlance). Unless I'm mistaken, the user is identified by a session
> cookie. Cookies are stored in some manner by the browser, usually with the
> domain as the key. It sounds like at least in Firefox, the cookie for 2 of
> the 3 user sessions is being replaced at some point by the cookie of the 3rd
> user session, resulting in an inability to post or read messages with the
> users who are now using the wrong session cookie.
> Chrome has a more sandboxed model than Firefox, so it probably keeps the
> cookies for a given window or tab local to that window until the window is
> closed. Interesting question for Chrome: Open three windows with three
> different users. Close each window. Open ESME again in Chrome. Which user is
> logged in? I'd bet it's the user that was logged into the last of the three
> windows that was closed.
> If this is what is happening, then I doubt that there is much that can be
> done on the Lift side of the house.

Err, no. Of course I open the three browser sessions with three
different profiles:

firefox -no-remote -P test1
firefox -no-remote -P test2
etc.

Note the "-no-remote" parameter, it means that a new window does not
connect to the existing Firefox instance.

I was thinking along the lines of Chrome doing something so that the
session doesn't expire as easily.