esme-dev mailing list archives

From Ethan Jewett <esjew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Lift] JSON handler doesn't respond
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2009 15:25:29 GMT
On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Vassil Dichev <vdichev@apache.org> wrote:

> Err, no. Of course I open the three browser sessions with three
> different profiles:
>
> firefox -no-remote -P test1
> firefox -no-remote -P test2
> etc.

I don't see that this had been mentioned before. Definitely makes it sound
like less of a browser issue, though I don't understand why a user session
would expire more quickly when multiple browsers are open than if not.

Do you get the same issue intermittently when you are logged in as only one
user in a single browser?

Just trying to understand the problem...

> I was thinking along the lines of Chrome doing something so that the
> session doesn't expire as easily.

I'm not sure what Chrome could be doing differently. As far as I know from
my API hacking, the lift session is just stored as a cookie, which is then
sent in the header of every subsequent request to the site. Either the
cookie is being sent or it's not. If it is being sent but not recognized on
the Lift side, then that would be an ESME issue. If it is not being sent
correctly, then that is a browser issue.

Can you verify if Firefox is sending a "Cookie:" value in the header during
your initial setup, and then whether it is sending the same "Cookie:" value
once the sessions start failing?

Ethan