esme-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject ESME at GitHub (was: Turtles all the way down (or how I learned to love math in computing)
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2009 08:21:49 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 6:12 PM, David
Pollak<feeder.of.the.bears@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...What I've done so far is to create a project at GitHub (
> http://github.com/dpp/esme_g2/tree/master )  I find Git's branching much
> easier to allow for playing and exploring... which will be very important in
> the early days.  I will add all the ESME committers to the GitHub project.
> Once the codebase stabilizes, we can move it into the Apache repo.  (If the
> Apache powers that be have an issue with this, let's all talk through it
> now.)...

Here's some info about the use of github (or any external SCM for that
matter) in Apache projects.

Curt Arnold's message at http://markmail.org/message/pz4mjekrtcqzvncc
summarizes the potential issues.

http://git.apache.org/ supplies read-only Git mirrors of Apache
codebases, ESME can be added there if needed.

http://wiki.apache.org/general/GitAtApache suggest sa workflow that
combines git with our SVN.

-Bertrand