esme-dev mailing list archives

From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Lift] JSON handler doesn't respond
Date Sun, 16 Aug 2009 23:16:42 GMT
> I'm not sure this will help.  I really need the steps to reproduce it
> because I'll need to reproduce it again and again to insert debug info to
> see why it's happening.  Reproduction steps (including perhaps browser
> versions, OS versions, etc.) would be a lot more valuable.

My intention was to create an environment, where one can start
debugging right away. The browser and OS versions are part of the
virtual image.

I realized VirtualBox images are not at all convenient, so I tried to
debug myself. If it's what I think it is, it's embarrassing I didn't
see it before. I had a hunch that it's related to an expiring session.
Sure enough:

    object JsonPoster extends SessionVar(S.buildJsonFunc{

I rewrote to extend JsonHandler, where the JsonFunc seems to be
rebuilt when the session expires. Even if it doesn't solve the bug, it
at least improves readability.

Vassil