esme-dev mailing list archives

From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Stats code
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 11:42:46 GMT
Thanks Andy, this looks like an efficient use of an external library.
I just heard of stevej's library because it's used in Jonas Boner's
new Akka actors library. I need to take a look into scala-stats and
see what else we can use from this library.

Incidentally, I'm also writing an actor for popularity stats- e.g.
which messages have been resent the most in the last time period, or
which links have been clicked the most, or which users have been using
a certain tag/word, etc. The statistics from this actor should be
available in a UI snippet for the user to see, but I see no reason
that it shouldn't also be available via JMX.

As an aside, we could also make an action in a way that we can emulate
a JMX console bot within ESME. For instance, you write a message with
text "stats usersLoggedIn" and you get back a message with the user
count.

I guess after trying the patch we need to check the licenses of the
used scala-stats library *and* its dependencies (if any). I am not
sure what the exact procedure is for accepting a patch- I think we
need a JIRA item with an attached patch where you click a license
agreement.

Thanks again, it's nice to see find ESME fun to work on!

Vassil