esme-dev mailing list archives

From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Breaking changes to the schema
Date Sun, 02 Aug 2009 19:50:37 GMT
> If I made breaking changes to the schema that ESME uses, how many of you
> will need a migration script from old to new?

Merging the pools branch involved breaking DB changes as well and
AFAIK there were no complaints to Dick when he asked about nuking the
DB.

The most valuable information to keep is messages, and they are
volatile info anyway- they're gone from the timeline when there are 40
newer messages. I suspect that nobody will mind, especially if the
tradeoff is a particularly compelling new feature... which we are now
only guessing :)

Vassil