esme-dev mailing list archives

From Mrinal Wadhwa <mrinal.wad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UI Playground - Mrinal's UI on Stax
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2009 08:51:36 GMT
http://esmecloudserverapache.dickhirsch.staxapps.net/track_view/

This was just my initial play on how some of Bill's ideas around sidebars
and a fluid resize can be handled .... I was also playing with the idea of
intelligently hiding sidebars if the page is resized below a certain width
(500 for now).

@Dick in the code you deployed on full function seems to be missing (it
seems checked in on my end?) ... so the intelligent resize is not working

			function onWindowResize(e){
				var newWindowWidth = $(window).width();

				if(newWindowWidth < HIDE_LEFTBAR_AT_WIDTH && !leftHiddenManually){
					if(!leftBarHidden) hideLeftBar();
				}
				if(newWindowWidth > HIDE_LEFTBAR_AT_WIDTH && !leftHiddenManually){
					if(leftBarHidden) showLeftBar();
				}

				if(newWindowWidth < HIDE_RIGHTBAR_AT_WIDTH && !rightHiddenManually){
					if(!rightBarHidden) hideRightBar();
				}
				if(newWindowWidth > HIDE_RIGHTBAR_AT_WIDTH && !rightHiddenManually){
					if(rightBarHidden) showRightBar();
				}
			}

I have done some more experiments around this ... just haven't gotten around
checking stuff in and now we're (at the company I started back in March) are
close to an alpha release so things are kinda crazy at my end :)

_
Mrinal
http://www.mrinalwadhwa.com