esme-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <g.rabell...@sourcesense.com>
Subject Re: ESME at GitHub (was: Turtles all the way down (or how I learned to love math in computing)
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2009 08:15:52 GMT
On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 5:51 PM, David
Pollak<feeder.of.the.bears@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 1:21 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org
>> wrote:
> My policy with Lift is that we do not accept patches, period.  Only
> committers can write code that winds up in the repo.  I am a lawyer by
> training and my wife is one of the most awesome IP lawyers in the world.
>  Being anal about the provenance of code is my default setting.  My
> expectation for ESME G2 on GitHub is that only folks with commit rights to
> the Apache ESME project would have commit rights to the GitHub repo.
>  Period.  No exceptions.  No code from JIRA tickets go into the G2 codebase.
>  Nothing.  Nada.

Whoa. "My policy". "Period". "No exceptions".

Are you sure all this fits with the way we work @ Apache? At a very
least, and never mind how much it could be argued whether branching a
candidate Apache codebase on GitHub is a good thing, you might want to
let the community have a say?

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino