esme-dev mailing list archives

From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Lift] JSON handler doesn't respond
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2009 07:17:27 GMT
> I've been running a browser open to an esme instance for most of the
> afternoon and it still "just works".

I managed to create a VirtualBox image where reproduced the case and
did a snapshot when ESME is already stuck.

I'm not sure what it takes to copy the disk AND snapshot to another
machine but it seems it involves at least two files- .vdi for the disk
and .sav for the runtime execution state. If it's too complicated it
would be easier if I just recreate the state in a VMWare image.

What is the recommended way to transfer huge temporary files like this
in Apache? Is there a file service we can use or the way to go is to
use one of the free file services out there?

Vassil