esme-dev mailing list archives

From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject JSON handler doesn't respond
Date Sun, 19 Jul 2009 10:09:51 GMT
Hello folks,

I have some information on the recent problems where ESME was hanging.
The problem seems to be that the json handler, generated with
S.buildJsonFunc, sometimes stops working after the browser has been
open for awhile. Not all user sessions stop working though (I'm
currently trying with 3 open sessions).

I've also tried calling the generated JavaScript function manually
from each of the browsers and it confirms the fact that for some
sessions the handler is not invoked. I execute the function e.g. in
the url bar like this:

    javascript:F6669067195625JG({'command': 'post', 'params':{'msg':
document.getElementById('textdude').value, 'tags':
document.getElementById('tagdude').value, 'access_pool':
document.getElementById('access_pool').value, 'reply-to':
currentConvNumber}});

As a result, in the sessions where things don't work the pattern
matching on JsonCmd is not reached at all, whereas "case JsonCmd"
matches fine where it works.

Any ideas on how to debug this? Has anyone experienced the same problem?

Greetings,
Vassil