esme-dev mailing list archives

From Mrinal Wadhwa <mrinal.wad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UI vs. API vs. ESME server (was: Please take a look at)
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2009 15:34:17 GMT
Ethan,

I am very much in favor of that approach ... I had written about this in an
old thread as well ... were I talked about having the controller (in the MVC
sense) of the UI be on the client and not on the server (which is the
current case). Apart from the benefits you have already stated ...the UI
becomes free to manage its own state and that enables a lot more flexibility
in terms of what the UI can do.
Also there are very few UI developers out there who know Scala or are
willing to delve into it, this decoupling will enable any UI developer do
build an ESME UI , as you mentioned this will be needed when enterprises try
to customise ESME form their needs.

Thanks,
Mrinal